What documents do I need to be able to prove that I or my partner meets the earning requirement?

If the sponsors income on it own meets the financial requirements the you need only the sponsors financial evidence. If you need to combine your income to meet the financial requirements then both of you need to include your financial documents.

  • 6 months of payslips
  • 6 months of corresponding bank statements showing the pay deposits in your account
  • a letter from the employer stating the length of employment, position, current salary, if you're full time, etc
  • P60
  • job contract

In complex situations, other documents may be required.

UKBA Financial Requirements evidence

Filed In: 

Visit our affiliate partner

UK Yankee is a resource and community for expatriate Americans living in or planning to move to the UK, established in 1999. Please join the discussions in our friendly expat community.