Visiting the UK Questions

Can I do any volunteering or charity work while visiting the UK?

Absolutely not, this is a violation of the terms of visiting as a visitor (tourist). In order to do charity work or volunteering, you must apply for a special visa, Tier 5 (Temporary worker - Charity Worker). You must be sponsored by a licensed employer and have a certificate of sponsorship to apply. 1 A visitor also cannot do any work, even online, paid babysitting or studying while in the UK.
  • 1.
  • ...

Visit our affiliate partner

UK Yankee is a resource and community for expatriate Americans living in or planning to move to the UK, established in 1999. Please join the discussions in our friendly expat community.